This super easy recipe is perfect for the kids’ (or the hubby’s) baon, or even for those lazy days when you just want to whip up something fast, tasty and healthy! You can also try it with different meat and vegetables! ;p
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Butter
8 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Onion, minced
4 pcs. Chicken Breast Fillet , sliced into bite-size cubes
1 pack Barbecue Marinade (we used Mama Sita’s)
4 cups Rice, cooked
1 cup Frozen Peas, Carrots and Corn, steamed
salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken breasts in barbecue marinade for about 4 hours, refrigerate.
- In a hot pan, pour olive oil and add butter.
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Add marinated chicken breasts and saute until cooked.
- Add rice and mix.
- Add 2 tablespoons of left over barbecue marinade, mix.
- Add steamed peas, carrots and corn, mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Adjust to taste, serve and enjoy! ;p
- Refrigerate leftover for up to 3 days.